At our Edgewood Dental Care dental office, one of our skilled Edgewood, KY dentists — Drs. McMahon, Peak, Kramer, or Middendorf — can safely replace your amalgam fillings or fill your cavities with these tooth-colored fillings that blend seamlessly with your natural teeth.
Tooth-Colored Fillings: The Painless Process
Tooth-colored fillings are just what the name says: fillings that are the same color as your tooth. If we find cavities during your routine dental cleanings and exams, we will determine whether a white filling is sufficient to repair the decay. If so, we will:
- Match the composite resin to your tooth
- Administer anesthesia with our painless Wand system
- Prepare your tooth
- Shape the composite putty-like material until it molds to the natural shape of your tooth
- Bond the composite to your tooth and harden it with a special light for a strong bond
- Polish the area so that it shines just as if it were a natural part of your tooth
Tooth-Colored Fillings Vs. Metal Fillings
Compared to traditional metal amalgam fillings, tooth-colored fillings have many advantages:
- Mercury free for those concerned about mercury leaking out into their bodies or for patients with metal allergies
- Strong and durable so they can serve your smile well for many years
- Preserve your healthy tooth structure by strengthening your tooth and saving more of the healthy portion of your tooth than a silver filling
If you need your silver filling replaced with an aesthetic tooth filling, let the experts at Edgewood Dental Care handle it for you with a tooth-colored filling. You can contact us for your appointment by calling 859-474-7830 or sending your request through our convenient online form. We can’t wait to make your smile healthier and more beautiful!