Protect Your Teeth With Mouthguards in Edgewood
Up to 39% of dental injuries are from sports. Source.
You want to take care of your mouth and your smile, which means getting dental cleanings
to fight cavities. It should also. mean protecting your teeth from physical harm. Teeth grinding due to stress and dental injuries during sports are both good reasons to get our Edgewood mouthguards.
At Edgewood Dental Care, you can get a mouthguard to:
- Prevent broken or knocked-out teeth
- Stop you from grinding your smile away
- Help you sleep deeper and snore less
Mouthguards work better when they fit your mouth and teeth. Products you purchase in the store aren’t going to fit nearly as well as the custom appliances you can get at Edgewood Dental Care. To find out more, call 859-474-7830 now.
Stop Dental Damage With a Comfortable Mouthguard
Whether you are an athlete, struggle with teeth grinding, or snore at night, a mouthguard can protect your smile from damage or injury. We offer several types of mouthguards depending on your needs, including:
- Athletic Mouthguard – Millions of teeth are knocked out every year during recreational sports. By wearing a mouthguard, you are 60 times less likely to suffer a dental injury. Our custom-made mouthguards will fit comfortably in your mouth, allowing you to speak, breathe, and talk easily.
- Night Guard – Stress often causes people to grind and clench their teeth unknowingly. You might do this in your sleep without being aware of it. Frequent morning headaches and jaw pains are signs you grind your teeth at night. Your personalized night guard will keep your top and bottom teeth separated and your jaw in a more relaxed position to ease your headaches and other symptoms, too. If misaligned teeth are an issue, you may want to consider orthodontics as well.
- Oral Appliance for Sleep Apnea – Teeth grinding can also be a symptom of obstructive sleep apnea. If you have this sleep disorder, your airway become blocked off and you stop breathing during sleep. This causes you to wake up throughout the night and results in frequent daytime sleepiness. Your custom-made oral appliance will comfortably shift your jaw forward slightly to keep your airway open. You will snore less and get the deep sleep you need.
Your teeth are too valuable to lose to an injury on the field or to damage from teeth grinding. Plus, you and your partner deserve a good night’s sleep. Edgewood Dental Care can help with all of those concerns. Call 859-474-7830 to get mouthguards in Edgewood, KY. You can also schedule online.