There’s nothing more energizing than a restless night of tossing, turning, loud snoring, and repeated bouts of terrifying gasps for air … said no person ever! Nightly sleep disturbances not only zap your energy, but they can also threaten your health. Say goodbye to restless nights once and for all with our solutions for snoring and sleep apnea in Edgewood!
When you meet with your dentist, you’ll receive a thorough examination and other diagnostic services. A proper diagnosis and treatment plan can help you:
- Enjoy more restful sleep
- Avoid loud snoring that’s keeping your partner awake
- Wake up feeling refreshed and energized
- Improve concentration and work productivity
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Balance your mood
- Protect your overall health
Rest better and live healthier. Call 859-474-7830 to schedule an appointment.
Let Us Help You Find Relief From Sleep Apnea Symptoms
If your examination with your dentist suggests you’re suffering from obstructive sleep apnea, we will order a Sleep Optima test that monitors your sleep in the comfort of your own home. This will allow us to assess your sleep behaviors with more accuracy since the results are gathered in your usual sleep environment.
After a sleep apnea diagnosis, we’ll discuss possible solutions so you can choose the treatment that suits you best. At Edgewood Dental Care, we can offer:
- A CPAP Machine – With this device, you’ll wear a small mask that attaches a hose to a machine. This delivers continuous air pressure into your breathing passages for more restful sleep.
- A Custom Nightguard – Whether your snoring is related to apnea or not, this is a more conservative yet effective sleep solution. A custom nightguard will keep your upper and lower jaw in the proper position. This allows air to move freely for easy breathing and quiet, restful sleep for you and your partner.
Prevent Health Problems Related to Sleep Apnea
About 18 million people in the United States suffer from obstructive sleep apnea, a condition where your air passages become blocked and your breathing momentarily stops in a repetitive pattern all throughout the night. Whether you recall these episodes or not, you won’t be able to ignore the debilitating, and potentially dangerous, consequences. These include:
- Chronic Snoring
- Heart Disease
- Decreased Libido
- Weight Gain
- Extreme Daytime Fatigue