- Soothe your nerves with dental sedation
- Benefit from our dentists’ surgical experience
- Receive a free second opinion from our team
Between ages 17 and 21, your wisdom teeth may start to erupt. If all goes well, you may be lucky enough to have plenty of space to accommodate this third set of molars. But if they’re impacted or erupt in the wrong position, you might need to schedule wisdom teeth removal in Edgewood.Doctor Daryl Peak on wisdom teeth removal Read Transcript
Doctor Daryl Peak on wisdom teeth removal
When I remove wisdom teeth, I start treating that from the day prior to the procedure, beginning medication ahead of time to try to minimize the discomfort you're going to have after the procedure. When we do that with IV sedation, I also give some medication through the IV line to try to minimize chances of feeling nauseated, try to minimize chances of or the amount of swelling that you're going to have after the procedure. So with those medications, it helps with the comfort afterward as well as during.
You’re in caring, capable hands with our team! We’ll put your comfort first by:
- Precisely planning your procedure with digital X-rays and 3-D images
- Using advanced, painless computer-assisted numbing techniques
- Offering a comfort menu with various amenities to help you relax
- Providing dental sedation options to suit your needs
- Gently and safely removing your wisdom teeth
- Assisting you throughout your recovery when you need us
Avoid painful complications from these often troublesome molars and keep your smile healthy. Call 859-474-7830 today.
Watch For Potential Wisdom Tooth Problems
You can’t necessarily control when or how wisdom teeth will erupt. However, routine dental cleanings and exams can help you and your dentist stay on top of their development. This helps you avoid some potential complications wisdom teeth can create for your smile, like increased risk for gum disease. Other issues include:
- Persistent tooth pain
- Tooth decay and infections
- Overcrowding or damaging surrounding teeth
- An unhealthy jawbone
- Abscessed teeth or cysts inside your mouth
Here are a few reasons your smile may be better off with a wisdom tooth extraction at Edgewood Dental Care:
- It can relieve your dental pain or help you avoid future pain.
- It allows your other teeth to stay in the right position.
- It can prepare your teeth for orthodontic treatment.
- It gives harmful bacteria fewer places to hide inside your mouth.
- It makes daily brushing and flossing easier.
- It preserves the look and health of your smile.
Find out if wisdom teeth removal in Edgewood is the solution for your tooth pain or dental problem. Call 859-474-7830 to schedule an appointment with one of our dentists.