You may do all the right things to keep your teeth and gums healthy, like brushing, flossing, and keeping up with routine dental appointments. However, there may be times when you need more to save your smile. When oral surgery is your best defense against poor dental health, trust our team in Edgewood, KY!
At Edgewood Dental Care, we use state-of-the-art technology and innovative techniques to give you the most comfortable, effective treatment possible. Part of that commitment means relying on computer-guided oral surgery so you can:
- Find relief from dental pain
- Treat an existing dental problem
- Protect yourself from future oral health complications
- Pave the way for dental implants to preserve your smile
Find the Dental Surgery That Will Preserve Your Smile
To ensure your mouth stays healthy, an oral surgical procedure is sometimes the best answer. But it’s not as intimidating as it may sound. With our advanced cone beam CT scanner, we’re able to use crisp 3-D images of your mouth to plan and perform each procedure with accuracy and precision. To maximize your comfort, we use painless numbing techniques with The Wand anesthesia system and can offer sedation as well.
Here are the oral surgeries we can perform at Edgewood Dental Care to solve your problem and preserve your smile.
- Gum Grafting – This procedure is often used as part of a comprehensive treatment plan to restore your gum health. After you’ve had gum disease treatment to clean your mouth of bacteria, gum grafting adds tissue to your gums to promote new, healthy growth, cover your exposed roots, and stabilize your teeth.
- Bone Grafting – One of the many devastating effects gum disease can have on your oral health is bone loss. This makes it difficult for you to support dental implants. We can use bone grafting to strengthen your jawbone, encourage new growth, and pave the way for dental implants for a strong, restored bite.
- Tooth Extractions and Socket Preservation – In some cases, tooth extraction is necessary to relieve dental pain and prevent oral health complications from returning or developing. We may extract troublesome wisdom teeth or remove a diseased tooth that’s beyond saving. To keep you from losing valuable bone mass after an extraction, we’ll often rely on socket preservation.
We only recommend dental surgery when it’s the best solution for your oral health. When that happens, you can trust our experienced, skilled dentists to make you feel relaxed and comfortable every step of the way.