When you’ve made appointments at the dentist in the past, it’s probably been for teeth cleanings, maybe fillings or an extraction, or even a root canal. Maybe you’ve had some cosmetic treatments such as teeth whitening or got a crown to repair a damaged tooth. But did you know that our comprehensive Edgewood, KY dentist office can take care of much more than those things? Dr. Kevin McMahon and all our dentists have the skills, training, and technology to provide you with some surprising treatments. Read on!
Once upon a time, only orthodontists could provide braces and other orthodontic care. Orthodontists are trained dental specialists in the area of bite issues and teeth straightening. Although we aren’t orthodontists, we do have years of advanced training in orthodontic treatments and even cosmetic orthodontics. We have successfully helped hundreds of people straighten their teeth and get beautiful smiles they never dreamed of!
Here are a few orthodontic treatments we can help you or your loved one with:
- Preventive orthodontics: Did you know that children as young as 7 can receive orthodontic care? If your child has baby teeth that haven’t come out yet, adult teeth that are coming in improperly, very crooked or crowded teeth, disproportionately sized teeth, or jaw/bite problems, it’s a good idea to bring the in to see us. We can use techniques and appliances to help guide their teeth into the proper position while they’re still young and before all their adult teeth come in. This can help prevent braces or lessen time for treatment.
- Braces: We have all kinds of braces for everyone, from simple cases to more complex bite issues. We offer traditional metal braces with wires and brackets, colored braces for teens, and clear ceramic braces, which are popular for older teens and adults.
- Invisalign: Often considered a cosmetic orthodontic treatment, Invisalign straightens teeth without braces! Using a series of custom, clear aligners, you’ll gradually have your teeth straightened with no one noticing! They’re removable, invisible, comfortable, and more affordable than you might have expected. These are a favorite among adults, especially working adults who regularly deal with clients face to face, and also older teens and college students.
- Fastbraces: Another cosmetic braces option, Fastbraces are effective for straightening teeth in months rather than years! They take advantage of a new technology that allows these fast braces to straighten both the root and crown at the same time, as opposed to in different stages like traditional braces.
Yes, you did read this correctly! Right here at our Northern KY dentist office, we can help get rid of your snoring – or your partner’s snoring that’s keeping you up at night or sleeping on the sofa!
Loud, chronic snoring can be a nuisance that keeps you up at night and contributes to daytime drowsiness. On the other hand, it can also be a symptom of something more serious: sleep apnea. Sleep apnea is characterized by constant disruptions to your sleep due to not getting enough air. That’s why those suffering from sleep apnea have loud snoring, gasping and choking sounds while sleeping, and fall asleep easily during the day. If this sounds like you or someone you know, read more about sleep apnea and its risk factors here.
When you come to our office, we can examine and talk to you to see whether you’re suffering from sleep apnea or snoring alone. We can provide you with a sleep test to determine your sleeping patterns and help pinpoint the cause. Either way, we have custom snoring guards that can prevent you from snoring at night by opening up your airway. We can also talk to you about natural solutions for uninterrupted sleep. Call us today to start your way toward restful sleep.
As dentists, we have years of knowledge regarding the entire mouth, including the jaw. This makes us the perfect health care providers to turn to if you’re experiencing jaw pain.
Typically, we see these two causes of jaw pain, which can coexist:
1. TMJ, formally known as temporomandibular joint dysfunction (TMD)
2. grinding and clenching of teeth, formally known as bruxism
TMD is marked by jaw pain, clicking and popping in the jaw, bruxism, problems or discomfort opening your mouth, soreness or tiredness in your face, shoulders, and neck, and even headaches. We can examine you and determine whether your jaw pain is from TMD or teeth grinding. We work with a local physical therapist to coordinate your TMJ treatment and help get you out of pain. Sometimes, taking care of your jaw pain can even reduce chronic headaches and migraines.
Make an Appointment for Solutions You Need
Our dentists care about the health of your teeth, but our help extends beyond that! If you or your loved one has any of these conditions above, contact us today!