With Valentine’s Day getting closer, you should ask yourself: Do you love your smile?
When your teeth are stained, chipped, or misshapen, it’s easy to want to hide them. That’s unfortunate as everyone should feel good about smiling! But these problems do not disappear simply because you don’t show your teeth to others.
That’s why you need to call Edgewood Dental Care today at 859-474-7830 and make your initial appointment for cosmetic dentistry treatments. It’s not vain to want a great smile; it’s sensible.
Benefits of a Winning Smile
As you can see, cosmetic dentistry can really improve your smile. But why should you worry about how your smile looks? Because it can really benefit your life.
First impressions are vital. As they say, you can’t make a second one. If your smile is stained and crooked, what will people think when they see it? Just knowing that can sap your self-esteem and confidence, making you less likely to smile or even talk with others.
Think of it as wearing a stained shirt. Would you show up to an important job interview with that?
But when you improve how your smile looks by lifting stains and straightening teeth, your confidence returns. You know people will react positively when you smile, and that can do wonders for your self-esteem. After all, you deserve to love your smile.
Types of Cosmetic Dentistry
Here are some of the cosmetic dentistry treatments you can get to improve your smile.
- Dental veneers: These caps for the front of your teeth do much more than just hide stains and imperfections. They seal up any damage so it doesn’t get worse over the years. These can even correct worn edges or make a slightly crooked tooth look straight.
- Gum reshaping & recession treatment: Your gums play a small but important role in how your smile looks. If you have too much gums, gum reshaping can gently remove excess gum tissue. If your gums have pulled away from your teeth, gum recession treatment can bring your gumline to where it belongs. Both can bring a pleasant balance to your smile.
- Braces & Invisalign®: Crooked teeth can lead to dental health problems such as TMJ disorder, but they also look really out of place. Orthodontic treatments can straighten your smile and help it look amazing. You can choose traditional metal braces, but if the idea of metal bothers you, you can go with Invisalign® clear plastic aligners.
- Professional-strength teeth whitening: After all those years of coffee, tea, and soda, it’s easy to have yellowish teeth. That certainly does not look good! Store-bought kits are weak, but you can get professional-strength Zoom and KöR teeth whitening to finally have a bright smile.
- Dental bonding: For a more affordable cosmetic dentistry treatment, dental bonding uses a tooth-colored resin that covers stains and fills in chips. It quickly and easily gives you a smile that looks attractive and healthy.
- Tooth contouring: Sometimes, you have a tooth or two that are bigger or shaped differently than the rest of your teeth. Here, tooth contouring can be used to gently remove excess enamel and reshape the tooth.