Maybe you have a wedding or two coming up. Maybe you have big vacation plans for the spring or summer. Or, perhaps, you are just tired of living with your blemished, worn-down smile.
You don’t need the excuse of a special occasion to whip your grin into shape.
Correcting smile flaws through cosmetic dentistry is a smart investment at any time of the year. It’s about far more than making your teeth look better. It’s about boosting confidence, which will pay off with a better social life and improved career prospects. No more embarrassment, no more awkwardly hiding your teeth. Just an easy, natural smile — one that you will be eager to show off.
At Edgewood Dental Care of Edgewood, KY, we have the cosmetic dentistry procedures you need to transform your smile. Call 859-474-7830 to book a consultation.
If you want a real showstopper of a smile, dental veneers will deliver. This technique was invented by a Hollywood dentist to make actors’ teeth look flawless on screen. The procedure is still popular with celebrities today because of its ability to make any smile look picture-perfect. You can get a single veneer for one blemished tooth, or transform your entire mouth.
A veneer is a thin sheath that fits over the front of the tooth, covering discoloration, chips, cracks, and areas of wear. It can also make slightly crooked or misaligned teeth look straight. The original veneers were temporary — intended to just last the length of a movie shoot — but most of today’s veneers are designed to be permanent.
At Edgewood Dental Care, we offer high-quality permanent porcelain veneers. Porcelain is durable, stain-resistant, and mimics the translucent quality of a real tooth. Your veneers will be perfectly matched to the shade of your enamel.
Once you decide you want to get dental veneers, we will take X-rays of your teeth to ensure they are in good condition. We will then remove a small layer of enamel from your teeth, which enables the veneers to fit correctly. We will take impressions and send them off to our trusted dental lab, where your custom veneers will be manufactured. Once they are ready, you will return to our office and we will make final adjustments and bond the veneers to your teeth. Finally, we will polish them so they look gorgeous and perfectly natural.
This technique is often considered a faster and less expensive alternative to veneers, as it covers many of the same problems: chips, cracks, stains, gaps, and even minor crookedness. In dental bonding, we take a composite resin material (like that used for tooth-colored fillings) that’s perfectly matched to the shade of your teeth.
The procedure is simple, painless, and fast, generally doable in just one office visit. We will prepare your teeth to be bonded by applying a solution to roughen the surface and a conditioning liquid. This enables the resin to adhere better. We will then mold on the putty-like material, meticulously shaping and sculpting it. After hardening it with a special light, we will polish the resin so that it’s indistinguishable from your real teeth.
Whitening your teeth is an easy way to look years younger and more dynamic. Our professional teeth whitening products are far more effective than drugstore kits, which are not dentist-supervised and contain just a fraction of active ingredient.
At Edgewood Dental Care, we offer several options for getting that bright white smile you crave.
- KoR Deep Bleaching will whiten your teeth up to sixteen shades and is effective against even deep stains. We will create custom whitening trays that fit your mouth perfectly, and you will wear them filled with the powerful whitening agent for about two weeks as you sleep. We will have you come in once during that time for a quick progress check, and you can do touch-up treatments at home as needed.
- Laser deep bleaching is an in-office treatment that uses the power of laser energy to activate a whitening solution.
- We also offer Zoom’s excellent in-office treatment, which will lighten your teeth up to eight shades in just one office visit.
This is a subtle procedure that is often combined with teeth whitening. For enamel microabrasion, we remove very small amounts of enamel from the teeth to get rid of stains and discoloration.
If you are unhappy with how your gums look — maybe you think they are too prominent in your smile, or cover too much of your teeth — we can non-invasively reduce your gum tissue with our state-of-the-art LANAP soft-tissue laser. The procedure is comfortably performed under local anesthesia and typically takes less than an hour. The laser produces no bleeding, very little pain, and you will recover quickly.
At Edgewood Dental Care, we several orthodontic options for teenagers and adults.
- Full-banded braces use wires and metal brackets to bring the teeth into alignment. They are effective for even the most severe orthodontic problems.
- Traditional braces with wires combine archwires with metal brackets. This is our most popular and least expensive braces option. Teenagers like to personalize their braces by using colored rubber bands to connect the brackets and wires.
- Clear ceramic braces are similar in structure to traditional braces, but they use clear ceramic brackets and wires that blend into the teeth. This makes them a great option for adults who don’t want the “metal mouth” look.
- FastBraces uses brackets and wires to quickly move your teeth into alignment — typically in about a year.
- Invisalign uses no metal, no brackets, and no wires. This innovative system moves your teeth into position with a progression of custom-crafted clear mouthguard-like “aligners.” The aligners are comfortable, removable for eating and cleaning, and practically invisible on the teeth.
Whatever your smile woes, we have the solution at Edgewood Dental Care. We can even create a custom plan called a smile makeover that combines more than one cosmetic procedure. Get in touch with us today for a cosmetic dentistry consultation. Call our Edgewood, KY office at 859-474-7830 or fill out our online form .