Orthodontics. They are not just for kids anymore. Did you know that the past several years have seen a dramatic increase in the number of adults looking to straighten their teeth? Indeed, more and more people are realizing that a crooked, misaligned, or overcrowded smile can have a profound effect on their self-esteem, personal lives, and professional achievement. It can even lead to pain and serious dental health problems down the road.
And today, there are options that just weren’t available a few decades ago. Orthodontic treatment is no longer synonymous with awkward and highly visible metal braces. At Edgewood Dental Care, we offer several grown-up-friendly choices, including clear ceramic braces and Fastbraces.
But the product we’d like to discuss now is Invisalign , which truly revolutionized orthodontics upon its debut in 1997. Invisalign is everything traditional braces are not: discreet, removable, soft. And it works.
Call Edgewood Dental Care today at 859-474-7830 to start on the path to a straighter, more beautiful smile.
An Innovative Approach
No metal. No wires. No brackets. Invisalign is a completely different — and completely brilliant — approach to teeth straightening.
The system uses a progression of clear, thin, plastic aligners that gradually shift your teeth into the desired position. You will switch to a new aligner every couple of weeks. Here’s what you can expect from the process:
- First, we will thoroughly examine your mouth and make sure you are a good candidate for the procedure.
- Once you’ve decided to proceed, we will take digital X-rays and non-invasive 3-D digital impressions using our iTero intraoral digital scanner.
- The impressions will be sent to the Invisalign lab, where your custom aligners will be manufactured.
- Once you have your aligners in hand, you will start wearing them for 20 to 22 hours per day.
Before you start, we can even give you a preview of what your finished smile will look like!
A Versatile Product
Invisalign efficiently and effectively corrects a number of orthodontic problems. These include:
- Gapped teeth
- Crowded teeth
Why Choose Invisalign
Treatment with clear aligners has a number of benefits over conventional braces.
- Your aligners are removable for eating and drinking. This means you can eat what you want and can clean your teeth normally — no complicated oral hygiene routine to learn.
- The aligners are made of soft plastic. They have no metal wires or brackets to poke and irritate the soft tissues of your mouth.
- When you are wearing your aligners, most people will not even notice them on your teeth.
- Treatment duration will vary from person to person, but it is typically shorter than with conventional braces.
Your Treatment Is in Your Hands
While Invisalign therapy is highly effective, achieving the best results requires that you wear your aligners for the recommended 20 to 22 hours each day. You also have to remember to switch out your aligners at the intervals recommended by your dentist.
In order to keep your teeth free of decay, it’s important to clean your teeth after every meal before putting your aligner back in.
If you live in the vicinity of Edgewood, KY and are interested in straightening your smile with Invisalign, call Edgewood Dental Care at 859-474-7830. Or you may request an appointment through our online form .