Do you shy away from the camera? Have you had to change your diet because your damaged or missing teeth are preventing you from eating the foods you love most? At Edgewood Dental Care in Edgewood, KY, we can permanently replace just one tooth or all 32 of your teeth with a variety of dental implant options.
Trust Expertise And Advanced Technology For Your Dental Implants
Our dentists stay ahead of the curve. For example, for nearly three decades, Dr. Kevin R. McMahon has completed over 100 hours of continuing education courses every year to improve the experience of our patients. We use the most cutting-edge techniques to perform a variety of different types of dental care, including restorative dentistry. Dr. McMahon has even achieved the prestigious honor of Diplomate status in the International Association of Implant Dentistry.
So our dentists and the rest of our team can provide the most accurate, efficient treatment possible, our Edgewood, KY dental office has also invested in the most state-of-the-art dental technology, including:
- Cone beam CT scans to capture highly accurate 3D images while you sit comfortably
- Intraoral cameras in every room so we can get close-up views of the inside of your mouth and communicate particular issues and treatment plans to our patients
- Digital X-rays for detailed image production with a fraction of the radiation of traditional X-rays
- CEREC same-day crowns for fast dental restorations
- The Wand computer-assisted anesthesia delivery system for the most comfortable numbing experience available
Dental Implant Options From Edgewood Dental Care
At our Edgewood, KY dental office, we understand that every patient is unique, so we offer a variety of options to fit your particular situation and smile goals:
Traditional dental implants work great for patients with sufficient bone density in their jaw. We can secure a number of restoration options following placement, including dental crowns, dental bridges, and implant-retained dentures. We can even replace a full arch of teeth in the top or bottom of your jaw using as little as four dental implants to secure dentures!
Mini dental implants can also be used to replace damaged or missing teeth with a variety of restoration options.They are much smaller, making them a great alternative for patients whose jaws are not thick enough to support traditional dental implants. Mini dental implants are also ideal for patients who do not wish to undergo bone grafting or sinus lift procedures.
Regardless of the particular combination of dental implants and tooth restorations, your replacement teeth will look and function just like your natural teeth.
The Many Benefits of Dental Implants
Compared to other tooth replacement options, dental implants have many advantages because they are:
- Permanent: so you won’t have to replace them, as you would dental veneers or other cosmetic or restorative options
- Strong: giving you improved bite power so you can eat whatever you want
- Easy to care for: you just brush and floss normally
- Tooth root replacements: which helps to prevent bone and tissue deterioration so you’ll look younger
- Indistinguishable from your natural teeth: your dental implant restorations will blend perfectly with the rest of your smile
Dental implants also require less preparation of your surrounding teeth, so you can maintain the health of your natural teeth.
Sedation And Comfort Options For Stress-Free Dental Implants
Our friendly team of dental professionals will do everything we can to help you relax from the moment you arrive at our Edgewood, KY dental office. In order to help relieve any dental anxiety you may be feeling, we provide dental sedation options:
- Nitrous oxide: Simply inhale this mixture of “laughing gas” and oxygen and you’ll drift into a calm, mildly euphoric state.
- Oral sedation: so you can arrive relaxed, we can prescribe sedation in the form of a pill that you take before you even enter our office.
- IV sedation: You’ll stay conscious so we can communicate with you, but you’ll quickly enter a dreamlike state and will likely not remember a thing.
Your dental sedation will be completely safe and comfortable for you because our dental professionals have undergone extensive training and received certification in IV administration.
We also offer several comfort options to put you at ease, including:
- Longer appointments
- Private care rooms
- Flat screen TVs and headphones
- Heated massage chairs in some rooms
- Warm towels
- Lip balm
Get Your Confident Bite Back
If you’re ready to eat the foods you love and smile with pride again, contact Edgewood Dental Care to explore your dental implant options. To schedule, you can stop by our beautiful lakeside dental office in person, call us at 859-474-7830, or use our online form.