Do your teeth appear longer than normal? Have you been experiencing pain and sensitivity? Have you been noticing that your teeth seem loose? Any of the above may indicate you have receding gums — this means your gum tissue is actually pulling away from your teeth.
Gum recession is most often caused by periodontal disease, but overly aggressive brushing, clenching and grinding, hormonal changes, and other factors may contribute to the condition. If you don’t do something about it, you risk an unsightly smile and even losing your teeth!
The traditional method for treating severe gum recession involves grafting surgery, which is effective but invasive. At Edgewood Dental Care, we have training in a better way — the revolutionary Chao Pinhole Surgical® Technique, sometimes called the “lunchtime gum lift.” If you live in or near Edgewood, KY and believe your gums are receding, call 859-474-7830 or get in touch with us online.
What Is the Chao Pinhole Surgical Technique?
The Chao Pinhole Surgical Technique was invented by a dentist named John Chao. Not just any dentist can perform it — special training is needed for this advanced procedure.
First, a word about traditional gum grafting, still performed by many dentists. This technique involves restoring the gumline by removing tissue from the roof of the patient’s mouth and then suturing the tissue to the receded area. Not surprisingly, gum grafting can be painful and involves a long recovery period.
The Chao Pinhole Surgical Technique is just as effective but far less painful and invasive. When you undergo the procedure, we use a needle to create small holes in your gum tissue. He will then use special instruments to loosen and then lift the gums over the area of recession.
Advantages of the Chao Pinhole Surgical Technique
The Chao Pinhole Surgical Technique has a number of advantages over conventional gum grafting, including:
- It’s fast — there’s a reason it’s called the “lunchtime gum lift.” You can be in and out of our office in about an hour.
- It’s minimally invasive. The procedure uses no scalpels or sutures, and we won’t have to remove healthy tissue from your mouth.
- You’ll recover quickly. Because there’s no cutting and sewing involved, your mouth will heal quickly. And you will see results practically right away.
- Less pain. Because of its non-invasive nature, the procedure is far less painful than gum grafting.
- Better patient experience. The Chao Pinhole Surgical Technique offers results that are just as good as gum grafting — but with a much better overall experience.
Visit Us For Your Gum Recession Treatment
The Chao Pinhole Surgical Technique is a unique process that requires specialized training and equipment. Our team at Edgewood Dental Care is thrilled to be able to offer this procedure to his patients. We will be happy to answer any questions and concerns you have. Don’t wait until your gums recede further, risking tooth loss and other complications. Get in touch with us through our online form or call our office at 859-474-7830.