Although Kentucky winters are not as bad as the northern states get, it’s still a season where people spend a lot of time indoors. When the weather finally gets warmer, it’s time to throw open the windows and get your house clean. It’s not like you don’t take care of things over winter, but spring is a good reminder to get a deep, thorough cleaning done.
That’s why it’s also time for a dental spring cleaning. Your whole family can come for one visit because we have multiple dentists and 14 patient rooms. This is a great time for that as well, as everyone needs regular dental cleanings and exams. It’s not like you haven’t been brushing and flossing over winter, but as with your home, spring is time for the kind of deep cleaning and thorough exams that only a trained dentist can provide.
Protect Their Teeth
Going outside more means putting teeth more at risk. That’s because you can never predict an accident on the court, in the park, or wherever you play outdoors. If your family has weak teeth thanks to cavities, cracks, or more, those are prone to transforming into serious dental health problems. That’s why everyone needs restorative dentistry treatments to avoid making things worse.
- Tooth-colored fillings: Of all the dental problems, this is probably the most common. That doesn’t mean it’s unimportant! A cavity is a hole in your enamel that weakens your family’s teeth. And thanks to modern composite resin, you can get a filling colored to match your tooth. You restore its strength while making it look better at the same time.
- CEREC same-day dental crowns: Want a quick way to hide imperfections and make a damaged tooth stronger? Then you want a dental crown. These are caps shaped and colored to match the problem tooth. Once expertly placed over it, your tooth is strengthened and made beautiful once again. And with our CEREC technology, you don’t have to wait weeks for some lab to make it. It’s made right here on the same day as your appointment!
- Dental bridges: A lost tooth can lead to other problems like crooked teeth. Plus, it certainly does not look good! This is when you need a dental bridge. Without surgery, it bonds a dental crown to the teeth on either side of the gap. It fills that space, looks like a healthy tooth, and gives you back the power to your bite.
- Dental implants: While dental bridges are great, they do not address bone loss in your jaw. Your family’s jawbones start to deteriorate without stimulation provided by a tooth’s root. Such a jaw is more prone to damage from sports injuries. To regain the strength, you need a dental implant. This comes with an artificial root surgically placed in the jawbone so it gets stimulated and stays healthy. In addition, a dental implant usually lasts your whole life.
- Dentures: Dental bridges and implants are great for one missing tooth, but when happens if you need to replace several in a row? What about if most of your teeth are gone by now? That’s where modern dentures can come to the rescue. Partial dentures replace a few teeth, while full dentures replace an entire arch of teeth. And if you’re worried about dentures falling out, you can secure them with implants.
- Root canals: If your kids get an infection inside a tooth, they’re facing two problems. First, this can be quite painful. What’s worse? The infection weakens the tooth, making it more prone to cracks, chips, and even breaking apart. Thankfully, you can make that tooth healthy and strong again with a modern root canal.
Help Everyone Smile More
Between spring and summer, there will be plenty of parties, reunions, and big events to attend. That also means there will be plenty of photos taken and shared with family and friends. Are your family’s smiles ready for this? Get some spring cleaning done by choosing the right cosmetic dentistry treatments.
- Dental veneers: These are simply amazing! They’re covers for the front of your family’s teeth. Each is made individually to fit one tooth in particular, and they’re both durable and natural-looking. Once bonded, they cover up any imperfections so your family’s smiles look incredible. They can even hide small gaps between teeth that many adults have even if they had braces as a teen.
- Dental bonding: Want a more affordable and quick cosmetic treatment? In this procedure, Dr. Martin will carefully apply a thin layer of a tooth-colored resin to your family’s teeth. This fills in trouble spots like chips or worn edges, but it also hides any stains.
- Teeth whitening: But if you want your teeth really white and to remove all those dark stains from coffee, wine, and age, you want professional-strength teeth whitening. You can choose from three different whitening treatments: KöR whitening, Zoom whitening, and laser deep bleaching. All three can give you a smile that looks so healthy, you’ll want to smile in all those photos.
- Invisalign®: Teens obviously need orthodontics, but many adults need them as well. That’s because teeth can move over time and everyone deserves a straight, even smile. You can skip metal braces and get Invisalign® instead. This system uses clear, smooth plastic trays to gently move teeth to where they belong. It’s often done in one year, and because it’s clear, it’s very hard to notice when in use.
- Gum reshaping and recession treatments: Don’t forget about how your gums look! Normally, they are a small but noticeable part of your family’s smiles. But what happens when a smile has more gums than teeth or the opposite where the teeth look too long? Your family can get help with both. Gum reshaping gently removes excess gum tissue, while gum recession treatment gently adds tissue. This way, your family can get a smile with the right balance of tooth to gums.
- Tooth contouring: What can you do if a tooth is shaped weirdly? You get tooth contouring, that’s what. In this treatment, Dr. Martin will carefully remove thin amounts of enamel. This reshapes the tooth so it looks normal once again.
Call Our Edgewood, KY Office Today
Between spending more time outside and all those big events happening, a dental spring cleaning is really needed. Call Edgewood Dental Care today at 859-474-7830 or contact us through our online form to schedule appointments for your entire family.