If your teeth are healthy, then you should not experience and discomfort when chewing. Even hard foods like carrots, cashews, or ice should not cause pain. When you do have some, then you know there’s a problem. And even if the pain comes and goes, it’s most likely going to get worse.
That’s why it’s time to call Edgewood Dental Care at 859-474-7830 and make a new appointment. Our dentists have the technology and training needed to help relieve toothaches. Believe it or not, you can even get a pain-free root canal to get rid of that pain.
Avoid Getting Infected Teeth
Unfortunately, everyone’s mouth is home to some harmful bacteria. As they grow, they damage your gum tissues and enamel. In fact, these are what cause cavities; they produce an acid that burns a hole in your tooth.
If this is not treated soon enough, that hole breaks through to the tender dental pulp inside. Since this is home to all the tooth’s blood vessels and nerve endings, an infection here is particularly bad. It will eventually “kill” the tooth, requiring a dental extraction. But until then, you will experience a toothache. It might get better at times, but them it comes back.
That’s why regular dental exams are so important. By letting our highly trained dentists look for signs of cavities or infections, you can spot any problem before it gets bad. In fact, this can often help you avoid getting an infected tooth in the first place, making sure you won’t need a root canal procedure. But if you’re tooth has bacteria on the inside, then you really need this.
Get A Pain-Free Root Canal
What is this restorative treatment? It’s a way of removing the bacteria and strengthening the poor tooth. Here’s how they work:
- First, our team will take digital X-rays to identify exactly where the infection can be found inside the problem tooth.
- The tooth and surrounding area are thoroughly numbed. If needed, you can also get some dental sedation to feel relaxed and comfortable.
- Your dentist will make a small opening in the enamel so they can reach the infected pulp.
- Using specialized tools, the infection is gently removed. Any empty space there is filled with an inert material so the tooth is full on the inside like normal.
- To seal the opening and make sure the tooth is strong, a dental crown is placed over the tooth. (And since our Edgewood, KY dental office has CEREC technology, your crown can be made and placed in the same day.)
Then you are done! After this procedure is over, your tooth will no longer give you pain. It will also be strong enough to use just like a healthy tooth.
Call us today at 859-474-7830 or contact us through our online form to get an exam and see if a root canal will help you live without tooth pain. And because our root canals can be pain-free, leaving the infected tooth alone is the only painful choice here.