Are you unhappy with how your teeth appear in photographs and when you look in the mirror? Do you hesitate to smile out of embarrassment? Perhaps you even avoid social situations altogether.
If your pearly whites have been looking, well, a little less than pearly or white, it may be time for a smile upgrade. A yellowed, chipped, or otherwise damaged grin may diminish your confidence and affect how you approach social situations and even professional opportunities.
Getting a beautiful smile that you can flaunt easily and without hesitation is a no-brainer. It’s an investment with the potential to pay off both personally and professionally.
If you have multiple complaints with your teeth or gums, you may be a candidate for a smile makeover. This is a custom-designed plan incorporating two or more cosmetic dental procedures. For a consultation at Edgewood Dental Care of Edgewood, KY, call 859-474-7830.
Design Your Dream Smile
If you decide it’s time to transform your smile, you will come to Edgewood Dental Care for a consultation.
- We will conduct a thorough examination of your mouth. We will discuss what features you like and don’t like and your smile goals.
- We will then give you suggestions for the cosmetic procedures that will best help you achieve what you want. One of our skilled dentists will create a digital mock-up so you can see what your finished smile will look like.
- We will then make a wax model for you to approve. Once you give us the go-ahead, we will plan your makeover, step by step.
- Once we implement your plan, we can make adjustments along the way. We are a high-technology office, meaning our procedures are fast, minimally invasive, and precise.
Your Smile Makeover Menu
If you’ve ever paid attention to celebrities’ smiles, you may have noticed that, with some exceptions, they tend to be flawless — the embodiment of the “Hollywood smile.” It’s an open secret that may stars owe their perfect pearlies to dental veneers.
This procedure was actually created by a Los Angeles dentist to make actors’ teeth look good on the silver screen. Now, decades later, anyone can have a smile that looks like it belongs on the red carpet.
A dental veneer is a thin shell-like cover that fits right over the front of a tooth. You can get a veneer for one problematic tooth or transform your entire smile.
Our porcelain veneers are custom crafted from impressions of your teeth. They are a perfect match to your enamel color so look totally natural.
We will have to remove a small amount of enamel from your teeth to ensure a perfect fit for your veneers. Once bonded, they may last decades with proper care.
Professional teeth whitening is an easy way to rejuvenate your smile. Lifting away stains, discoloration, and yellowing will make you look younger and more vibrant.
At Edgewood Dental Care, we offer three excellent whitening options. All are superior to drugstore kits, which don’t contain enough active ingredient to be effective.
KoR Deep Bleaching is a powerful take-home system that whitens teeth up to sixteen shades. If you choose this effective and convenient product, you will first come to our office for a consultation.
- After examining your teeth to make sure you are a good candidate, we will create a mold of your teeth and use that to craft your custom whitening trays.
- You will bring your trays and whitening gel home with you and whiten your teeth as you sleep. Because your trays are custom made, they are a perfect fit for you mouth and comfortable to wear.
- We will have you come back to our office for a progress check.
- As needed, you can do touch-up treatments at home.
We also offer laser deep bleaching and Zoom! in-office whitening. Both of these options give you the bright white smile you crave in one office visit.
This is a procedure that we typically combine with teeth whitening to ensure the best possible results. In Enamel Microabrasion, we remove very small amounts of your tooth enamel, in the process lifting away surface stains and blemishes. Because the amount of enamel affected is minimal, the procedure is painless.
If you have teeth that are too long, pointy, oddly shaped, or that very slightly overlap other teeth, you may want to consider teeth recontouring. This procedure can also eliminate very minor chips, bulges, and blemishes. The process is simple, painless, and fast, generally doable in one visit. We very gently sand away small amounts of tooth enamel to give your teeth the desired shape. The process is painless and doesn’t require anesthesia, but we do have dental sedation if you’re anxious.
Your gums as well as your teeth are an important component of your smile. If you don’t like the appearance of your gums, we can help with gum reshaping. Maybe your gums are too prominent and even make your teeth appear short. Or maybe your gumline looks ragged or uneven. At Edgewood Dental Care, we have a state-of-the-art LANAP laser to alter your gums in the most painless, non-invasive way possible.
- First, we will make sure your gums are healthy enough to undergo the procedure.
- We will administer anesthesia to ensure you remain comfortable. We also have dental sedation available upon request.
- We we gently use the laser to remove excess tissue and bring your smile into balance.
With laser gum reshaping, you can expect no bleeding, very little pain, and a fast recovery.
Like dental veneers, tooth bonding covers a variety of dental flaws: chips, cracks, stains, gaps, and even slight crookedness. The procedure uses a composite resin material that’s applied to your tooth or teeth, shaped, hardened, and polished. It is matched precisely to your enamel color and delivers flawless, totally natural results. The process is simple, painless, and fast, generally requiring just one dental visit.
Yes, we can even incorporate orthodontics into your makeover plan. At Edgewood Dental Care, we offer a full range of options, including short-term orthodontics. One of our dentists will be happy to discuss the pros and cons of each and help you decide which makes the most sense for you.
- Full-banded orthodontics
- Traditional braces
- Clear ceramic braces
Don’t wait any longer to improve your smile and your life with a smile makeover. Book a consultation today with Edgewood Dental Care. Contact us online or call our Edgewood, KY office at 859-474-7830.