Edgewood Dental Care can take the edge off your dentist appointments with sedation dentistry. About 35 million Americans avoid going to the dentist every year out of fear. You don’t have to be one of them. At Edgewood Dental Care, there are several ways we put our patients at ease during every visit. We’ve received Angie’s List’s Super Service Award and were voted a “Top Dentist” by our peers in Cincinnati Magazine. Become a valued patient today by calling us at 859-474-7830.
Types Of Sedation
There’s no shame in suffering from dental anxiety. It’s not in your power to control your phobias. Instead of making you feel bad about your fear, we address it head on, so it doesn’t stand in the way of you getting the dental care you need to be healthy. At Edgewood Dental Care, we have the training and expertise required to offer you three different types of sedation.
- Nitrous Oxide: Just a few breaths of nitrous oxide and you will begin to feel your tension lighten. Nitrous oxide is often called “laughing gas” because it eases you into a joyful state.
You will receive a mixture of nitrogen and oxygen through a small mask placed over your nose. Although relaxed, you will remain awake and responsive throughout your treatment. However, your memories of your actual treatment might be fuzzy. Nitrous oxide wears off fast, so you’ll be able to head back to work or off to your next errand immediately following your appointment.
- Oral Sedation: One little pill is all you need to feel completely relaxed during your entire procedure. We’ll write you a prescription, you’ll fill it, then you’ll take your pill about an hour before your appointment. You’ll need someone to drive you to our office, but the calming effects of the pill should be well underway by the time you arrive. You’ll also need someone to drive you home following your procedure because you might still be in somewhat of a dream state or feeling groggy – safety first!
- IV Sedation: Not all dentists can offer you IV sedation, the deepest level of dental sedation. Dr. McMahon is not only certified to administer intravenous sedation, he is quite skilled at it. He’ll be able to accurately gauge how to monitor your sedation levels during your procedure.
IV sedation has made it possible for those with severe dental phobias and strong gag reflexes to receive the care they may have been putting off for years. We can also use IV sedation to keep you comfortable during multiple procedures that need to be performed during the same visit.
Our Office On The Lake
Our state-of-the-art office building on Barnwood Drive sits lakeside, and we open early and stay late to see you on your schedule. With appointments that are convenient for you, you won’t feel rushed and stressed when you arrive for your appointment. With eight dental hygienists, your entire family can be seen at the same time. No sitting in our waiting room while each child goes in one by one.
Our caring team will welcome you into our office with a smile, then direct you to our refreshment bar with coffee, cold drinks, and healthy snacks. When you meet with one of our dentists, they create a personalized treatment plan just for you. This plan takes into account what dental services and procedures you need for your oral health, what cosmetic dentistry options you’d like to take advantage of for the appearance of your smile, and what your level of dental anxiety is, so we can select the right sedation treatment for you.
Advanced Technology, Skills, And Procedures
Edgewood Dental Care invests in the latest technology and training for the latest treatments to give our patients more efficient care.
- The Wand: Local anesthesia is delivered painlessly.
- The Pinhole Technique®: We are one of the few dental offices in the entire nation certified to use this technique as a less invasive, faster-healing alternative to gum grafting.
- Lasers: We can use LANAP and diode lasers to treat gum disease, and we offer laser-activated teeth whitening.
- Imaging: Through advanced imaging with the cone beam and iTero scans for Invisalign, we’re able to more precisely map your mouth and teeth for more accurate treatment plans.
You’ve struggled long enough to overcome your fear of the dentist. Put your fear to rest with sedation dentistry at Edgewood Dental Care, serving all of northern Kentucky and the surrounding areas. Call us today at 859-474-7830 or use our convenient online form to schedule your appointment.