Welcome to Edgewood Dental Care, where we focus on making all of our patients comfortable, well informed, and at ease through all of their procedures. We understand that dental anxiety is a widespread and debilitating condition. It is also self-perpetuating.
People with a fear of the dentist put off coming until pain forces them to make that appointment. Because they’ve avoided essential preventive care, they tend to require more invasive and uncomfortable procedures when they do make it into the dentist’s chair.
If dental anxiety has kept you away from the dentist’s office for too long, we urge you to book a cleaning and exam at Edgewood Dental Care. We will bring your teeth and gums back to health. And our amenities will make you want to return. Call our Edgewood, KY dental office at 859-474-7830.
A Welcoming Environment
One thing the patients at Edgewood Dental Care rave about is the inviting, family-friendly atmosphere. All of our staff members are knowledgeable, supremely professional, and friendly. They are also skilled at putting nervous patients — children and adults — at ease.
Some patients who haven’t seen a dentist in a while are embarrassed by the state of their pearly whites and worried about being lectured, judged, or talked down to. Edgewood Dental Care is a judgement-free zone. We will work to restore your oral health and discuss ways you can continue to keep your mouth in good shape. No guilt, no shame.
Amenities for a Pleasant Visit
Set on a lake next to gorgeous rolling hills, Edgewood Dental Care offers views that will calm your nerves and take the edge off your anxiety. We’ve also loaded our practice with many other amenities designed to make dental appointments pleasurable, not something to dread.
- Complimentary drinks and snacks for your wait
- Warm blankets to take the chill off
- Pillows to ensure you remain comfortable through your entire procedure
- TVs and headphones to keep you focused on a show — not on what’s happening in your mouth
- For people who crave quiet during their procedures, we have semi-private operatories available upon request
Dental Technology for Better Care
Dental technology is not just cool. It has utterly transformed the field of dentistry and the patient experience — for the better. Advancements in digital and computerized dentistry have made procedures more accurate, faster, less invasive, and less uncomfortable for patients. It has enabled us to provide more precise and earlier diagnoses and manufacture better-fitting restorations.
At Edgewood Dental Care, we wholeheartedly embrace technology that improves our patients’ experience.
- The DIAGNOdent cavity detection device is a handheld laser pen that enables us to noninvasively discover areas of tooth decay are still too small to be found by traditional methods. The earlier we know about a cavity, the easier the treatment.
- At most dental offices, getting a crown requires one appointment for impressions, a wait of several weeks while the restoration is manufactured at a lab, and then another dental visit to get the crown on your tooth. With our CEREC digital same-day crown system, we take noninvasive yet precise digital impressions that are developed into a 3-D model that’s sent directly to our in-office milling machine. Your crown is crafted from a single block of ceramic your exact tooth color. And it’s all done while you wait.
- Dental X-rays are helpful for detecting cavities between the teeth, impacted teeth, abscesses, and jaw deterioration, and other problems. At Edgewood Dental Care, we use digital X-rays, which expose you to just a fraction of the radiation of conventional X-rays.
- Gentle LANAP lasers enable us to perform gum disease surgery with less pain and less bleeding than conventional surgical methods. You will also heal more quickly.
- Our cone beam CT scanner allows us to create highly detailed 3D images of your mouth so we can detect problems and plan procedures with precision. It exposes you to far less radiation than traditional CT scans.
- We use the iTero intraoral digital scanner to create 3-D images of your mouth to ensure your Invisalign aligners fit perfectly.
- If you, like many of our patients, dread the anesthesia needle more than the dental procedure itself, you will love The Wand® painless anesthesia delivery system, which numbs your mouth without discomfort.
Choose Your Dental Sedation
At Edgewood Dental Care, we offer three levels of dental sedation.
- Nitrous Oxide is the lightest. This gas takes the edge off during your procedure, but wears off right away.
- Oral sedation is a pill you take at home before your appointment. You will have to get a ride to and from your appointment.
- IV sedation is reserved for the most anxious patients, or for people who need several procedures performed at once. You will need to arrange a ride home after your appointment.