If you have a dental emergency, call Edgewood Dental Care at 859-474-7830 right away! We will do everything we can to get you a same-day appointment at our Edgewood, KY dentist office!
Because accidents can happen at any time, we offer morning, evening, and Saturday appointments!
We want to help our patients understand what to do when faced with common dental emergencies. Having a basic first aid kit and a plan in place will help you to act fast and stay calm.
Common Dental Emergencies And What To Do
Perhaps the most important thing to know is if your dental emergency is causing bleeding, and you are unable to stop it, visit your local emergency room as soon as possible. Once your condition is more stable, we can then repair your smile with a variety of restorative dentistry services.
A good rule of thumb when it comes to your oral health is: if it hurts, it’s an emergency. Even a simple toothache can be an indicator of a larger, more significant problem.
If you have broken a tooth or knocked out a tooth, you should:
- Apply gentle pressure with gauze to stop the bleeding
- Use a cold compress to help reduce some of the swelling
- Take an over-the-counter pain reliever to alleviate some of the pain
- Keep any tooth fragments and store them in a small container filled with saliva or milk
- Visit Edgewood Dental Care as soon as possible and bring the tooth fragments along because we may be able to reattach them
If wires in your braces break, wrap the wire in gauze to prevent it from poking the inside of your mouth. Then, visit our Edgewood, KY dental office for repairs.
If you have broken replacement teeth, like broken dentures, bring all of the pieces with you and visit us for repairs or for replacements.
If your gums are swollen and bleeding, there is a very strong chance you could benefit from a gum disease treatment.
If you or your child is experiencing pain in the back of your jaw, your wisdom teeth may be coming in improperly. To relieve your pain and protect your surrounding teeth, we will perform a gentle wisdom teeth removal.
What We Can Do To Fix Your Smile
If you visit Edgewood Dental Care for emergency dentistry, the first thing we will do is relieve any pain you may be experiencing. Our compassionate team will listen intently to your particular issues and concerns to provide the best care we can.
Thanks to our Wand computer-assisted anesthesia delivery system, we will numb the area precisely and comfortably. Within moments, you won’t feel a thing!
Then, we will carefully plan your treatment using state-of-the-art dental technology, including:
- Digital X-rays for a clear picture of the inside of your mouth with a fraction of the radiation of traditional methods
- Cone beam CT scanner for a thorough examination of your overall oral health
- Intraoral cameras in every room for a closeup look at your teeth and gums
Thanks to all of this cutting-edge technology, your treatments will be more precise and comfortable for you!
Following careful planning, we will get to work improving your damaged smile. Our highly-skilled dentists offer several restorative dentistry treatments, including:
- Root canals to remove infected tissue and nerves from inside your tooth
- Dental crowns to protect and strengthen damaged teeth
- Tooth-colored fillings to repair teeth with cavities
- Dental implant options to replace missing teeth or teeth too damaged to be repaired
- Tooth extractions for teeth that are beyond repair and threatening your oral health
Friendly Team, Comfort Options, Dental Sedation
At Edgewood Dental Care, our caring team will do everything we can to help you relax when you have a dental emergency. Your comfort is our priority!
To make your visit more pleasant, we offer a wide variety of comfort items for you to choose from, including:
- A refreshment bar with healthy snacks, coffee, and water
- Flat-screen TVs in every care room
- Headphones with your favorite music
- Heated massage chairs in certain care rooms
- Warm towels and blankets
- Lip balm
If all that doesn’t ease your concerns, we can also help relieve your dental anxiety with dental sedation options, including:
- Nitrous oxide
- Oral sedation in pill form
- IV sedation
Schedule Your Emergency Dentistry Appointment Right Away
If are in dental pain, call Edgewood Dental Care at 859-474-7830 immediately for a same-day emergency dentistry appointment. If your situation is less pressing, you can also use our online form to book or ask questions.